Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Progress


And here I am, just a few steps into my insane 30 days run. How am I doing? Could have been better...
Good news are that Gorman is finally done, You can see a rough photo of him on the left. I've painted him using only my right eye, as my left one doesn't see too well. Because of it I was forced to take a lot of shortcuts with this model so I incorporated overbrush and washes as my main techniques. I think that for an amount of attention I've put into him, Gorman worked out pretty well.
.
The Brass Balls Kodiak is finally assembled, primed and waiting for P3 metallics to arrive on tuesday(-ish). Untill then I need to fully paint my Juggernaut to finally get him out of my head. I'm not moving fast enough with him even though I have to... It's all because of my exams - History Of Polish Cinematography and Theory Of Television on, respectively, thursday and friday. I find it hard to divide my attention at this time of year...
.
My order for Karchev, Manhunter and Kell came through and I expect them soon - before saturday sun rises up I shall be gently touching His bold head and licking his rusted metal. Your boiler is so hot!
However, before enjoying that glorious moment, I need to DO the Juggernaut. I can't leave unfinished work ...well...unfinished... - I must be methodical in this particular case. With Jugger out of my head I'll have only two contest models to take care of, which should be in within my reach.
.
During the past few days, besides watching Deadwood (never seen a better drama about 'how the states were build'!), I got back to my old love - The Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3k for those unfamiliar with the series). Oh how I loved this when I was 16! And it still amuses me a lot, it didn't lose it's unique charm in any respect. MST3k is like a delusional dream or a future film critic's ultimate amusement (ie ME!). It's a shame that this show cannot be run on any non-english TV station, and only a small group of people has the opportunity to appreciate this truly outstanding show...
.
The music of the past few days was mainly Van Der Graaf Generator with the sparkling of The Legendary Pink Dots. And now I'm going nuts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.