Thursday, May 24, 2007

The pin vice is on the move!


You bet it is!
My vision is blurry as hell, and sometimes I even see double, but I at least menaged to pin my bloody Kodiak! He's done on 2,26mm copper rods and 2,5mm brass rods (the latter-right foot and arms) with GS securing the joints.

My end-year exams are nigh and I need to learn. I really do. But there's so much to paint! The Brass Balls Challenge, the Polish National P3 Painting Contest and I also need to prepare a 500pts army for my summer vacation in New York! That's a lot of work!
Today I've made a schedule for the upcoming 5 weeks:
  • Kodiak - for the Brass Balls Challenge

  • Karchev The Terrible - for the P.N.PP.P.C.
  • Mechanic with 4 assistants - gaming models
  • Manhunter - gaming model
  • Kell Bailoch - gaming model
  • Juggernaut - just the reds and details left, shouldn't take me long.
I hope I'll make it... Probably not... Oh, well...
Today I also came up with my 'NY 500pts Khador List' that will pwn all other armies in Abstract Games in south Brooklyn (especially yours Kurt! Beware!):

  • Karchev The Terrible
  1. Kodiak
  2. Juggernaut
  3. Berserker
  • Mechanics (1+3)
  • Manhunter
  • Gorman Di Wulfe
  • Kell Bailoch

...and that makes for the precise 500 points.

Normally I'd prefer to go with the Marauder (nasty synergies I've forseen!) instead of the Berserker and Kell, but my limited chrono-resources made me change my plans. I like the way how you can put together a complete denial army with Karchev - K's Fissure, Juggers critical, Marauders Slam, Berserkers chain attack and Tow away, Gormans Black Oil and Kodiak taking advantage of kd's. Embrace Karchev's DEF 17 against range attacks and there you go. I really looking forward to plying this list - just need to buy K, Kell and Manhunter.

Recently I've started to listen to the Fell Calls podcast. It appears like a bunch of guys are doing a radio beer'n'pretzel version of Battle College. Most of the time they read stats from the book and state the obvious ('he's ARM 12, which is low','yeah,it is low','it could be higher','yeah, it could' and blablablabla...). Sometimes when they pick some interesting gameplay issues they get caught in a cobweb of words like 'cool', 'awesome' and 'incredible'. I'm tired of listening opinions build upon sentences like: 'he's cool, but no without drawbacks, but yeah, he's awesome, yeah, I'd say he' pretty cool, definately cool' and so forth. I can't understand the popularity of this podcast. I mean, if I wouldn't have any friends to talk with I could pretend that those hollow debates interest me, but belive me, if I want to hear a casual and meaningless conversation about Warmachine I can arrange one myself. I even know people that are not talking rubbish when it comes to wargaming - I think it must be rare if so many people are devoting their time (90-120min!) to listen to a pointless conversation.

Yeah.. That's all for today. I'll keep watching the horizon for my P3 metallics are due to arrive and I'll keep You posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a lot of painting... don't you forget to take a time for piss :lol: